There are so many options to get in shape these days. Big box gyms, personal training studios, Pilates studios, Crossfit, Yoga, Zumba, Spinning, in home training…it can be overwhelming when you are just trying to start an exercise program and get healthy. A private training studio may be the answer for many reasons.
1. Are you just getting started? If you haven’t worked out before, a large gym can be overwhelming. You don’t know where to begin and what to do. There is so much equipment, how can you possibly learn what is best for you and how use it, much less adjust those things? I have worked in a large gym and can tell you it takes a while to get the hang of it!
2. Don’t know what to do? Well of course, you can hire a trainer in most any gym these days. But, do you know where these trainers came from and what their qualifications are? Be sure to ask. And while you’re at it, ask them for referrals from clients with needs and goals similar to yours. If no client referrals are available, run! This is a sure sign of an inexperienced trainer.
3. Group classes are great, but how do you know which ones are right for you? I love yoga, Pilates, Zumba, BodyPump, kickboxing…they all have their place for getting you in shape. Many people take these classes without knowing what their goals are first and end up not getting the results they were after. Or even worse, overdoing it and getting hurt. A better approach would be to meet with a trainer who can asses your current fitness level and goals first. Get a good base fitness level, and then plan group exercise within a framework that makes sense for you.
4. Feeling self-conscious? We all do at times, especially if we are not in the shape we wish to be. A private training studio is great because you can focus on yourself. No one is judging you and you can’t compare yourself to anyone else. All you have to think about is following your trainer’s instructions and getting a great workout designed just for you.
5. Do you need a change of atmosphere? Sometimes going to a studio can be just the break you need from your regular routine. Find a place where you feel relaxed and rejuvenated after your workout, not tense from fighting others over equipment or parking.
Finally, a private personal training studio like Fit to You can offer totally personalized service by reputable, certified trainers. We can help you tone up, lose weight, eat healthier, get flexible, add muscle and just feel better all over.