It’s that time of year; swimsuits, sleeveless tops, and short shorts. But, with all the summer fun, who has time to get to the gym? This workout will hit all your major muscle groups, burn lots of calories, and you can do it anywhere with a few pieces of basic equipment. All you need is a stability ball, a resistance band, and a kettle bell or dumbbell.
Circuit training is still the best way to burn fat while toning and sculpting your muscles. After warming up with 30 jumping jacks or 2-5 minutes of cardio, do the following exercises in order, with little to no rest in between to keep your heart rate up. Rest for 1 minute and then repeat the circuit 1-2 more times.
- Kettle bell squat + overhead press: works legs, glutes, abs, and shoulders. Perform 10-12 reps each side.
2. Plank + one arm row: Get in a pushup position with a kettle bell or dumbbell in one hand. While keeping a straight line from head to heal, abs tight, pull the weight up in a row. Do 10-12 reps and then switch sides. Works back and abs.
3. Bicep Curl with Band: Stand feet hip width apart with resistance band securely under the instep of your shoes. Using your biceps, curl the handles up and slowly lower back down. Do 15 reps. Turn your hands out to the side for more challenge.
4. Lunge + Row: works back, core and legs. Perform 10-12 one side and then switch.
5. Tricep Dips with Stability Ball: Beginners do without ball and feet on the ground. Works back of the arms. Do 10-12 reps.
6. Ball Ab Roll: Works core and challenges your balance. Perform 10-15 reps. Start in a plank with ball under shins. Use your lower abs to pull the ball forward. Keep legs straight for the most challenge (a pike) or bend your knees as you roll the ball toward your abs for beginners.
Repeat these exercises 1-2 more times in a circuit. Be sure to stretch each muscle group at the end. Congrats! You just finished a full body blast circuit that’s going to leave you feeling strong and confident for whatever adventures this summer throws your way!